Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Governor Christie Not Running for President

Governor Christie Not Running for PresidentShawshank, VA 10/4/2011 (PennyPayDay) – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will not run for president, according to a source with direct knowledge of the governor’s thinking.

By deciding not to run Christie is refusing the pleas of many establishment Republicans who have been urging him — even pleading with him to jump into the race. Dozens of high-level GOP donors have been paying visits to Christie since this spring in the hopes of changing his mind.

But the governor spent months saying the same thing in myriad ways: “no.”
Earlier this year in an interview with ABC News’ Diane Sawyer, Christie said he was categorically not running for president.

“You don’t make a decision to run for president of the United States based on impulse. I don’t feel ready in my heart to be president,” he told Sawyer in April. “Unless I do, I don’t have any right offering myself to the people of this country. It’s much too big a job. And so you have to first feel in your heart that you’re ready and that you want it more than anything else.”

And just a few months earlier, during a speech in Washington, DC, Christie put an even finer point on it.

“What do I have to do short of suicide to convince people I’m not running?” he asked. “You have to believe in your heart soul and mind that you’re ready. And I don’t believe that in myself right now.”

PennyPayDay Disclaimer

Distributed by Viestly

No comments:

Post a Comment